Planned Parenthood In Arkansas Cancels All Scheduled Abortions
Planned Parenthood in Little Rock, AR has canceled all scheduled abortion appointments. This comes hours after the Supreme Court overturned the 1972 Roe v Wade ruling in a 6-3 decision.
Reporter Asheli King tweeted that Planned Parenthood was currently calling patients to cancel appointments.
Dr. Janet Cathey with Planned Parenthood Little Rock just spoke with ABC News. She said they have already started calling women to tell them they’re going to have to make alternate plans, which for some will mean driving 6 hours one way to get an abortion in another state. https://t.co/YEcxZ0svLb
— Ashlei King (@AshleiKing) June 24, 2022
Reporter Hunter Hoagland also confirmed the news in a tweet.
— Hunter Hoagland (@HunterHoagland) June 24, 2022
Shortly after the federal decision, Asa Hutchinson, Governor of AR tweeted his support for the law.
For decades I have said Roe v. Wade was wrongly decided. Today, the Supreme Court overturned the abortion ruling and returned the issue to the states. Arkansas is a pro-life state, and we are able now to protect life.
— Gov. Asa Hutchinson (@AsaHutchinson) June 24, 2022
Roomies, this is a developing story. We’ll keep you updated.
- WTF is a QLED TV? December 3, 2022
- Wipro Acquires Pune-based IIOT Startup Linecraft.AI December 3, 2022
- Esri Named a Leader in 2022 Climate Risk Analytics Report by Independent Research Firm December 3, 2022
- Blox Raises $12 Mn in Largest Proptech Sector Investment in India December 3, 2022
- Podcast: Are SVS Prime Wireless Pro Soundbar Killers? December 3, 2022