President Biden Announces Additional $1 Billion In Military Aid For Ukraine
As Ukraine continues to fight their war against Russia, President Biden has announced another $1 billion in military aid.
Biden spoke to President Volodymyr Zelensky by phone, just ahead of his announcement, “which the Pentagon said included providing Ukraine with 18 howitzers, 36,000 rounds of howitzer ammunition and two Harpoon coastal defense systems,” CNN reports.
I informed President Zelensky that the United States is providing another $1 billion in security assistance for Ukraine, including additional artillery and coastal defense weapons, as well as ammunition for the artillery and advanced rocket systems that the Ukrainians need to support their defensive operations in the Donbas.
Biden continued to say:
We also discussed Secretary Austin’s efforts in Brussels today to coordinate additional international support for the Ukrainian armed forces.
Defense Secretary Lloyd also said that the United States and Ukraine are “working in lockstep to meet Ukraine’s requests for new capabilities, especially its need for long-range fires, armor and coastal defense.”
Zelensky thanked Biden for his “consistent, unwavering support.” Zelensky also stated:
The security support from the United States is unprecedented. It brings us closer to a common victory over the Russian aggressor.
According to a Pentagon official, the US has contributed more than $5 billion to Ukraine since the start of the war in February.
Roomies, what do you think of this?
- Registrations open for Retail Technology Show 2023 December 9, 2022
- Timbaland, Pusha T, And More Attend! ‘Earn Your Leisure’ Takes Over Art Basel December 9, 2022
- Tessuti marks its Ireland debut at Victoria Square December 9, 2022
- Döner Shack named best fast-casual franchise in the UK December 9, 2022
- Central Co-op has given 68,000 hot meals to those in need as part of its Goodwill To All campaign December 9, 2022