President Biden Says The Pandemic Is Over But There Is Still A Problem With COVID-19
On Monday, “60 Minutes” quickly began to trend after President Joe Biden appeared on the show the night before. During his interview, Biden declared that the pandemic is over, however, there is still work that needs to be done as COVID-19 remains a problem.
According to CBS New York, Biden made those remarks last week while walking the floor of the Detroit Auto Show. He continued to say,
“If you notice, no one’s wearing masks. Everybody seems to be in pretty good shape. And so I think it’s changing. And I think this is a perfect example of it.”
However, CBS. points out that Biden’s statement is not similar to the Dr. Ashish Jha, who is the White House’s top official when it comes to COVID-19. Back on September 6th, Dr. Jha said to reporters,
“The pandemic isn’t over. And we will remain vigilant, and of course, we continue to look for and prepare for unforeseen twists and turns.”
Although restrictions have scaled back tremendously and the travel rate has returned to its pre-pandemic level, there are still at least 400 deaths from COVID a day nationwide, according to CBS.
However, it has been recognized that the rate of hospitializations have slowed down significantlly. Officials have credited a widespread of immunity from vaccines and prior infections, and the use of COVID-19 treatments as factors that have helped lower cases this past summer.
As previously reported, last month, the CDC announced that they no longer recommend social distancing and quaratine for COVID-19. However, those who do test positive for the virus are recommended to stay at home for at least five days and wear a mask around others for ten days.
TSR STAFF: Jade Ashley @Jade_Ashley94
- Bengaluru Outrace Pune in Office Market Activity in H1 FY-2023 December 2, 2022
- Santa takes Elizabeth Line to Selfridges December 2, 2022
- Watchfinder & Co. to set new industry standards with launch of its own marketplace in 2023 December 2, 2022
- Hobbycraft is launching Personalisation Stations in 31 stores across the UK for Christmas shoppers December 2, 2022
- SCA: How merchants can prepare this festive shopping season December 2, 2022