Price Drop: Andover SpinDeck Belt-Drive Turntable Now $199
Plug-and-Play Vinyl Listening
August 2022 Update: Andover has announced a $100 price drop for its popular SpinDeck turntable. Original debuting for $299 in July 2020, SpinDeck is now available for $199 at AndoverAudio.com, Amazon and Crutchfield.
Original story from July 17, 2020.
Andover Audio today introduced SpinDeck, a $299 belt-drive turnable that’s designed to work with the company’s SpinBase turntable-ready speaker that’s also $299. The $598 combo provides customers of all backgrounds a plug-and-play turntable system right out of the box. Alternatively, SpinDeck can be used with any phono preamp, integrated amplifier or A/V receiver.
Featuring high-quality materials and precision-engineered parts, Spindeck simplifies turntable setup with a tonearm featuring a pre-set counterweight and pre-mounted Ortofon Custom OM Series cartridge. The main chassis of the turntable is made from engineered particle board, which is sturdy yet light weight. Housed underneath the chassis is an ultra-quiet synchronous motor with a silicone belt that drives a low-resonance platter made from MDF.
An AC-powered motor control effectively minimizes unwanted vibration. The main platter bearing consist of a stainless-steel spindle and a bronze bushing with a Teflon bottom, to ensure long-lasting playback.
“SpinDeck is a precision turntable that features high-quality materials and superb sound. It comes out of the box pre-set and ready to play. Its simplicity belies its elegant engineering that will extract the most from records with minimum wear. It’s the perfect companion to our SpinBase turntable speaker system, or any other system where the listener wants great sound with no fuss.”
Bob Hazelwood, Director of Engineering, Andover Audio
- Speed: 33/45 (Manual Speed Change)
- Principle: Belt-Drive
- Speed Variance: 0.8% (33 RPM); 0.7% (45 RPM)
- Wow and Flutter: 0.29% (33 RPM); 0.27% (45 RPM)
- Platter: 0.12 in (300 mm) MDF with Felt Platter Mat
- Main Bearing: Stainless Steel
- Tonearm: 8.6 in (218.5 mm) Aluminum
- Effective Tonearm Mass: 8.0 g
- Overhang: 0.86 in (22.00 mm)
Price & Availability
About Andover Audio
Since its formation in 2012, Massachusetts-Based Andover Audio has provided design and manufacturing services to the most recognized brands in automotive, professional and high- performance audio. Andover is now focusing its acclaimed expertise on self-branded products that artfully blend premium innovative audio technologies with distinctive design. Andover’s mission is to build products that make no-compromise sound easy to buy, simple to setup, and a pleasure to use.
The Andover team, led by former Cambridge SoundWorks General Manager Rob Mainiero, is a group of audio experts and veteran engineers who hail from a lineup of iconic companies that, include Acoustic Research, a/d/s/, Advent, Apogee Acoustics, Advent, Harman, Bose, and others.
- Registrations open for Retail Technology Show 2023 December 9, 2022
- Timbaland, Pusha T, And More Attend! ‘Earn Your Leisure’ Takes Over Art Basel December 9, 2022
- Tessuti marks its Ireland debut at Victoria Square December 9, 2022
- Döner Shack named best fast-casual franchise in the UK December 9, 2022
- Central Co-op has given 68,000 hot meals to those in need as part of its Goodwill To All campaign December 9, 2022