Pro Audio Technology’s SR-2408iw Loudspeakers Deliver Big Sound in Tight Quarters￼￼￼￼: CEDIA 2022
Pro Audio Technology, a leading supplier of high-output loudspeakers, subwoofers, and DSP loudspeaker controllers, announces the SR-2408iw thin-profile high-output loudspeaker for in-wall and in-ceiling installations where space is limited but performance is crucial.
This speaker works for in-wall installations that need high output and versatility suitable for retrofit or new construction. With its slim 4-inch deep and all-aluminum construction, it is used in high-end home theaters, commercial venues, and even yachts.
The SR-2408iw can be used as a main, side, rear, surround, or as height channel speakers for Dolby Atmos and other immersive audio setups.
The SR2408iw features a 1.5-inch ring radiator tweeter, two high-efficiency 4-inch midrange drivers, and an 8-inch long-throw woofer.
The SR-2408iw can be configured with 0-degree straight-firing axisymmetric, or 40-degree asymmetric waveguides which aim the sound at a 40-degree angle to the loudspeaker main axis.
This allows the sound to be “aimed” at the reference listening position while the speaker is mounted flush in a 2 x 4 wall.
Tip: The angled waveguide is great for residential rooms or yachts where space is limited and aiming speakers is particularly challenging.
In more spacious installations, the SR-2408iw can also be adapted using PRO’s pivot bracket allowing the installer to mount it to a surface and aim it at a specific listening position.
Despite its slim 4-inch depth, the SR-2408iw has a frequency response of 45Hz to 22kHz.
An optional, paintable perforated metal grille is available.
From Paul Hales, Pro Audio Technology President, and Product Designer: “The SR-2408iw in-wall loudspeaker was developed to meet the speaker aiming requirement in Dolby-certified DCI theater that is to be installed on a world-renowned VIP’s mega-yacht…The all-aluminum construction makes it suitable for the harsh yacht environment and allows us to achieve surprising fidelity and output from a speaker only 3.5-inch deep.”
- Speaker Design: Tri-amplified, In-wall, Sealed Cabinet
- Tweeter: 1 x 1.5-inch ring radiator
- Midrange: 2 x 4-inches
- Woofer: 8-inch long throw woofer
- Impedance: 8ohms LF/ 4ohms MF / 8ohms HF
- Frequency Response: 45Hz to 22kHz
- Sensitivity: 92dB LF / 98dB MF / 108dB HF / 110 HF 40-degree
- Crossover: Tri-amplfication (refer back to speaker design)
- Max Peak SPL: 119dB
- Power Handling: 500W LF / 400W MF / 120W HF
- Amplifier Power Range: 250W – 1000W LF / 125W – 500W MF / 125W HF
- Terminals: Euroblock
- Cabinet Depth: 4-inches
- Grill Color: White (paintable)
Availability and Pricing
For more details, including exact pricing, contact Pro Audio’s VP of sales Mark Goldman at: [email protected].
- Ludacris Spreads Cheer By Surprising Atlanta Students With Over 500 Pairs Of New Kicks December 8, 2022
- Man Arrested For Sex With Dog In Front Of Horrified Families December 8, 2022
- ‘We’ll Always Be Family’ Tia Mowry Says She And Kids Plan To Spend The Holidays With Cory Hardrict December 8, 2022
- McIntosh’s MC451 Dual Mono Power Amplifier Unleashes the Hybrid Drive December 8, 2022
- M&S and bp pulse to bring EV charging to customers December 8, 2022