PUMP UP THE VOLUME WITH THE BOUFFANT HEADBAND HAIRSTYLE!
The Bouffant Headband Hairstyle: bubbly, bouncy and beautiful. The bouffant headband hairstyle is easy to create but be prepared to have patience while you learn to pump up the volume of your magnificent, masterpiece hairdo. I have tried numerous times to add the slight bouffant bump to the top of my head, and I have never mastered the style. For some reason, I cannot get my own hair to fluff up and flow down. The Bouffant Headband Hairstyle is styling.
A bouffant is a type of hairstyle characterized by hair piled high on the head and hanging down on the sides. Beautiful with a bouffant.
The bouffant was a mainstream hairstyle in the mid-to-late 18th century in western Europe. It was thought to be created for Marie Antoinette, as she had relatively thin hair and wanted to create the illusion of having full hair. The modern bouffant is credited to have been invented by Raymond Bessone. This hairstyle became popular once again during the 1960s and 1970s. Today, the bouffant headband hairdo is causing people’s hair to stand up for fashion.
Bouffant Fun Fact: Bouffante comes from the present participle of bouffer, which means “to puff, puff out.” Hair on top of the head can be raised by using a comb that is dragged back and forward to create a raised effect which knots the hair, caused by the swift, back and forth combing (teasing). The hairstyle is then lightly combed over the top to give a neat, clean look.
How to Create the Bouffant Headband Hairstyle:
- In half inch sections, spritz the top of your head with volumizing hairspray and then start teasing the hair from the tips of your head to the base. The more that you tease the hair, the bigger the volume that you will get.
- After teasing each section, smooth the section over with a gentle brush right away, and then spray the section with a holding spray to lock in the volume and style.
- Another way to raise the top of the hair is to wet the hair, and then blow dry the top of the head with a cool setting, while lifting the hair with a styling brush. Use hot air on the hair that hangs straight, leaving the bouffant style on top.
- If you wish, place a headband at the base of the bouffant, allowing the top of your hair to lay flat, and then to puff up and form a bouffant beginning where the headband is positioned.
With or without a headband, the bouffant hairstyle is styling.
Bouffant Fun Fact: Other terms used to describe the bouffant hairdo are pompadour, beehive and big hair! Big, bouncy, bold, brazen, brilliant, bubbly bouffant hair.
Can you name two famous women that helped to promote and perfect the bouffant hairdo? Brigitte Bardot and Lady Bird Johnson. Today, numerous women wear the bouffant hairstyle with bouffant pride.
I think that the bouffant headband hairstyle is extremely attractive when the look isn’t taken to extremes. A slight raise of the hair, on top of the head, with longer hair flowing straight down is an elegant, regal, modern looking hairstyle. The hair still looks youthful and playful, yet a bit fancier than hair that is merely flat on the head and then hanging straight down.
Bravo for the bouffant.
A plus for the bouffant headband hairstyle: When your hair is pulled away from the forehead and the cheeks, your entire gorgeous face is on display. There is no hiding behind your hair! Show off your fabulous face!
The bouffant headband hairstyle is hair at its best. Call it the beehive or call if the bouffant, but call it lovely, luscious and lively.
High hair your way into high fashion and pump up the volume with the bouffant headband hairstyle.
Nancy Mangano is an American beauty/fashion/style influencer, fashion journalist, screenwriter and author of the Natalie North murder mystery book series. Visit Nancy on her global online fashion/style/beauty magazine Strutting in Style! at https://www.struttinginstyle.com, her Facebook page Nancy Mangano at https://www.facebook.com/nancymmangano/ Twitter @https://twitter.com/nancymangano and her author website http://www.nancymangano.com
- LRN Corporation Completes Acquisition of Compliance Learning from Thomson Reuters, Creating the Largest Global Provider of Ethics and Compliance Learning Solutions December 2, 2022
- Rotel’s S14 Network Integrated Streamer is Roon Ready & All Out of Bubble Gum December 2, 2022
- iQuanti Wins Great Place to Work® Certification™ December 2, 2022
- LeBron James On Media Of Jerry Jones vs. Kyrie Irving December 2, 2022
- Recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate Market Size is expected to reach at USD 17,258 Million by 2030, registering a CAGR of 7.6%, Owing to Growing Demand from Food and Beverage Industry December 2, 2022