Rapper Takeoff Reportedly Shot And Killed During A Dice Game
Multiple reports, including confirmation by inside sources, say rapper Takeoff has passed away. Takeoff, real name Kirshnik Khari Ball, was 28 years old.
The artist was in Houston with fellow Migos rapper Quavo on November 1 when the tragic killing occurred. Authorities received a call after 2:30 a.m. local time about a man shot at Billiards & Bowling.
Here’s What We Know About The Fatal Shooting
According to TMZ, Takeoff and Quavo were engaged in a dice game with a few others when an altercation began. At some point during that, someone opened fire, and Takeoff was shot in or near the head, per TMZ sources.
Video footage online shows Takeoff lying on the floor as Quavo and others surround him. Quavo and the additional men reportedly attempted to move Takeoff’s body, but the former Migos artist, instead, chose to yell for help.
At this time, reports say Quavo did not sustain any injuries, however, bullets reportedly hit two people. Private vehicles transported the additional people injured to the hospital.
About an hour before the 911 call, Takeoff shared a photo of himself to his Instagram Story–confirming his presence at the bowling alley.
This story is still developing.
- WriteSome Raises Pre-seed Funding of Undisclosed Amount to Expand its App to Mass Market December 1, 2022
- IppoPay Acquires Roamsoft Technologies to ramp up developer base December 1, 2022
- Movate Recognized as a Market Leader in ISG Provider Lens™ Future of Work – Services and Solutions 2022, U.S. December 1, 2022
- PrimeOS Raises $1 Mn in Seed Round, Provides Partial Exit to Early Backers, Including VCats, at 3X Valuation December 1, 2022
- Speakin Raises Pre-Series A Round, Welcomes Top Tech Doyen as Investor December 1, 2022