REL Delivers More Bass with the HT/1510 Predator II Subwoofer
There are loudspeaker companies that make subwoofers, and there are subwoofer companies that makes subs. REL definitely falls into the latter category. Its latest flagship home theater subwoofer is the HT/1510 Predator II. Let’s see what it’s all about.
REL HT/1510 Predator II
As REL sees it, the newly announced HT/1510 Predator II delivers what many home theater fans want, more bass and a great look. Its got a new 1,000 amplifier, which is up from 800-watts in the previous model, and a newly designed 15-inch driver.
The amplifier is a Class D design that’s supported by a Class A/B power supply. On the design side, the HT/1510 Predator II is a sealed box with a front-firing driver and a smooth curved vinyl-covered exterior with a high gloss top.
- Speaker Driver Material: CarbonGlas™ primary cone is provided with a true carbon fiber center cap for structural reinforcement.
- Voice Coil: 3-inches/75mm
- Low-Frequency Extension: -6dB at 20Hz (Supported by REL Perfect Filter technology).
- Level Control: Variable
- Crossover Control: 30Hz to 200Hz
- Phase Control: 0 or 180 degrees.
- Inputs: Low-Level stereo RCA, LFE RCA, LFE XLR (Balanced)
- Outputs: Low-Level stereo RCA, LFE RCA, LFE XLR (Balanced)
- Signal Turn On: Always on or Auto-Detect
- Dimensions: 21.3 x 18 x 19.4 in./540 x 457 x 494 mm (Includes feet, grille and rear panel controls)
- Weight: 99.7 lbs. (45.2 kg)
Although the HT/1510 Predator II has the physical connections you need it is easily adaptable to wireless options via two options:
The Airship II provides wireless High-Level Input capability for the HT/1510. This means that in addition to low-level subwoofer preamp output, high-level output signals from an AV preamp/processor or home theater receiver can be wirelessly transmitted to the subwoofer.
Tip: The Airship II wireless transmission system incorporates Texas Instruments ADC/DAC chips and REL’s High-Level Input circuitry.
Airship II permits simultaneous use of a 5.8 gig connection for both high-level connection and low-level .1/LFE connection if desired. In this way, both 2-channel music and multi-channel theater can be supported simultaneously.
If you don’t need the capabilities of the Airship II, you can opt to use the less expensive HT-Air™ wireless transmitter/receiver kit. The HT-Air provides zero compression and maximum dynamics, delivered via a 5.8 gigahertz network. HT-Air delivers a low 16-20 millisecond delay. This allows owners to place their compatible subwoofer where it works best, without having unsightly cables.
Connect the HT-Air Transmitter to the subwoofer output of your AV processor, or home theater receiver, and the HT-Air Receiver to the LF input on the subwoofer, pair them, and you are set to go.
Need More Bass?
If one 15-inch REL HT/1510 Predator II isn’t enough for your room (or taste), it’s stackable.
This means you can stack up to three subs using included REL Couplers™ that connect lower units to upper units. The couplers are solid, milled aluminum units that bolt securely to each sub and along with the substantial rails on the underside of each cabinet create an extremely heavy, sturdy tower of bass.
When used in stereo stacks (6 total, 3 per side) it represents over 8000 watts of peak power allowing the six 15-inch drivers to really pump it out.
Frankly, I don’t think many will take advantage of this type of setup, but those that do will undoubtedly shake down more than the house. Neighbor Alert!
Pricing and Availability
The REL HT/1510 Predator Subwoofer is priced at $1,899 and is available for pre-order. Shipping is expected to start the first week of July 2022.
- Megaport Adds Cloud and Networking Sales Veteran Jeff Tworek to the Executive Team as Chief Revenue Officer November 29, 2022
- 4Fin Raises Seed Round of USD 1M, Also Gets NBFC License from RBI November 29, 2022
- The 4th World Science and Technology Development Forum Held in Chengdu November 29, 2022
- Multimodal Supply Chain Visibility Startup Intugine Raises Rs 19 Cr in Pre-Series A November 29, 2022
- Autoimmune Disease Diagnostics Market Size is expected to reach at USD 8.2 Billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 7.2%, Owing to Growing Prevalence of Autoimmune Disease November 29, 2022