The Russian government is honoring mothers in the country in a unique way! According to CNBC News, the government recently announced that it is reviving the Soviet-era honorary title “Mother Heroine” for women with ten or more children. This is in response to the accelerated population decline since its invasion of Ukraine. In a decree signed this week by President Vladimir Putin, the title will be awarded to those who “birth and raise” 10 Russian citizens.
The woman will receive a lump sum of 1 million Russian rubles, totaling $16,645, when the 10th child turns one. Now, if you think this is an easy way to grab some money, there are some additional qualifications. Reports state the children must have been given the “appropriate level of care for health, education, physical, spiritual and moral development.” However, the assessment process is not specified.
In addition, all ten children must be alive unless they pass away while serving in the military, official or civic service, or in a terrorist attack. The decree also states recipients will receive a medal with a five-pointed star.
It will also be an equivalent rank to those with the titles “Hero of the Russian Federation,” usually awarded for bravery, and “Hero of Labor,” awarded for service to the state.
The “Mother Heroine” title was established in 1944 and bestowed until the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991. Unfortunately, U.N. data. This shows Russia’s working-age population has been declining as a share of the overall state since 2010. Analysts have also pointed out that the country’s declining and aging population will likely constrain growth in the coming decades.
Russia’s attack on Ukraine since February isn’t improving the population. The Russian population fell by a record 86,000 people a month from January to May, the Moscow Times reports. Roommates, what do you think about this?
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023