Seasoned Maguro Group to launch debut ‘Pocha’ concept in Chinatown London – Retail News – A1 Retail Magazine
Shaftesbury has announced that experienced restaurateurs Maguro Group have selected Chinatown London to launch their debut casual Korean BBQ concept, Pochawa Grill.
Inspired by Pocha – a shortened version of the word Pojangmacha, which refers to a Korean street food stall or restaurant on wheels – Pochawa Grill will open at 29 Wardour Street later this year. The 1,670 sq ft eatery will champion Korean culture in food, drink, and music, offering much-loved street food dishes. The food menu will include Tofu Kimchi and a ramen-tteokbokki hybrid called Rabokki, alongside relaxed meals for sharing, such as a spicy squid and pork stir-fry known as Osam-Bulgogi.
Exclusively importing the popular Korean spirit, Soju, the Chinatown London restaurant’s drinks menu will feature traditional East Asian beverages and a casual cocktail menu. Designed to be a K-culture playground, Pochawa Grill’s interior will celebrate traditional Korean pubs and cater to 50 covers.
Founded in 2009, Maguro Group operates five sites across London. Their relaxed BBQ restaurant further evolves the Korean offer within Chinatown London, complementing the likes of DIY concept Olle, chicken brand Wing Wing, and retailer Oseyo. Together with recently opened supermarket and eatery Seoul Plaza, this signing emphasises the destination as Europe’s leading location for a diverse and authentic ESEA offer.
Julia Wilkinson, Restaurant Director at Shaftesbury, commented: “Chinatown London continues to attract debut concepts, from proven operators in the UK and across the ESEA region. Maguro Group’s Pochawa Grill will be a great addition to the bustling Wardour Street, further reflecting the trends and traditions our community love, and have come to expect from Chinatown London.”
Jae Cho, Director, Maguro Group, added: “Pochawa Grill is something we have been extremely excited about for a while now, and we are delighted to be announcing the next step in Maguro Group’s culinary journey. Chinatown London is one of the world’s most dynamic and exciting dining scenes, and a must have location for East Asian concepts, so it feels only natural to launch our first K-culture inspired restaurant here.”
- Megaport Adds Cloud and Networking Sales Veteran Jeff Tworek to the Executive Team as Chief Revenue Officer November 29, 2022
- 4Fin Raises Seed Round of USD 1M, Also Gets NBFC License from RBI November 29, 2022
- The 4th World Science and Technology Development Forum Held in Chengdu November 29, 2022
- Multimodal Supply Chain Visibility Startup Intugine Raises Rs 19 Cr in Pre-Series A November 29, 2022
- Autoimmune Disease Diagnostics Market Size is expected to reach at USD 8.2 Billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 7.2%, Owing to Growing Prevalence of Autoimmune Disease November 29, 2022