Social Media Reacts After Reports Claim That Meek Mill Has Parted Ways With Roc Nation Management
Early Monday reports started to surface that Meek Mill is no longer being managed by Roc Nation. Meek nor Roc Nation have made a comment publicly about the reports, however, according to Billboard, a source has reportedly confirmed the split.
Meek, who signed with Roc Nation back in 2012 cannot be found on the company’s website at the moment or on their social platforms. Back in 2019, he landed a joint deal between Roc Nation and his Dreamchasers imprint. They also came together to form their REFORM Alliance, which helps to push for criminal justice reform.
Although Meek nor Roc Nation have not confirmed the reports just yet, a few folks have already taken to Twitter to comment about the matter.
Meek Mill Leaving Roc Nation Is Interesting, To Say The Least. But I’m Not Surprised At All.
— First Class 🏁 (@1DJFirstClass) July 11, 2022
Meek Mill parted ways with Rocnation? What’s he supposed to do now?
— Fefito el grande (@BigGameJimmy) July 11, 2022
Not Meek Mill splitting with Roc Nation
— Rah ♠️ (@RahDaColdestx18) July 11, 2022
Can I have Meek Mill’s ticket to the RocNation brunch? @SC
— 👟 (@dirtywhiteups) July 11, 2022
Many people suspected there could have been some trouble brewing dating back to February after Meek tweeted out his frustrations after the release of his last studio album “Expensive Pain.”
At the time he said, “They didn’t put nothing into expensive pain and then said I can’t drop another project for 9 months at the end of my contract after I made them 100’s of millions ….. how would can anybody survive that … most rappers can’t speak because they depend on these companies ‘I don’t.’”
They didn’t put nothing into expensive pain and then said I can’t drop another project for 9 months at the end of my contract after I made them 100’s of millions ….. how would can anybody survive that … most rappers can’t speak because they depend on these companies “ I don’t”
— MeekMill (@MeekMill) February 1, 2022
Last October, he also opened up to his supporters about not making money from music, and not being aware of how much money labels were making off of him. At the time he tweeted, “I haven’t get paid from music and I don’t know how much money labels make off me. I need lawyers asap!!!” During that time the tweet was quickly deleted and it was vague as to which label he could have been referring to at that time.
Want updates directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or click here to join!
TSR STAFF: Jade Ashley @Jade_Ashley94
- Paint Protection Film Market Size is expected to reach at USD 869 Million by 2030, registering a CAGR of 6.7%, Owing to Increasing Application in Marine Industry December 1, 2022
- Best Holiday Speaker Deals: KEF, Klipsch, ELAC December 1, 2022
- Congrats! Shamea Morton To Welcome Baby Using Same Surrogate Who Carried Kandi Burruss’ Daughter Blaze November 30, 2022
- (Exclusive) Yung Joc & Kendra Robinson Step Into TSR As She Clarifies What She Meant About Not Wanting Joc’s Sons To Follow In His Footsteps November 30, 2022
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market Size Will Attain USD 52.2 Billion by 2030 growing at 5.4% CAGR – Exclusive Report by Acumen Research and Consulting November 30, 2022