Sony, Honda Together Launch Autonomous Electric Car Brand AFEE
Sony and Honda, which last year announced a joint venture — Sony Honda Mobility (SHM) — to develop and manufacture electric cars, has revealed the name of its new car brand called as ‘AFEELA‘.
The company plans to use the SoCs (System on Chip) from Qualcomm Snapdragon Digital Chassis for 800 TOPS (Tera Operation Per Second) maximum computing performance as hardware.
|SHM will develop Level 3 automated drive under limited conditions and to enable Level 2+ driver assistance in even more situations such as urban driving.
For uninitiated, Level 3 autonomous driving involves technology that allow drivers to engage in activities behind the wheel, such as watching movies or using smartphones, but only under some limited conditions.
AFEELA prototype car is equipped with a total of 45 cameras and sensors inside and outside the vehicle. In-car cameras and Time-of-Flight (ToF) sensors*3 detect the driver and car’s situation to help avoid accidents.
SHM is introducing new Human-Machine Interface to provide AFEELA users a personalized in-car experience through cloud-service connectivity.
Augmented Reality Navigation
In addition, the vehicle will have intuitive navigation through augmented reality (AR) using sensing technology of SHM.
The car will be available for Pre-order and purchase in 2025. The company said that the first delivery of the car will not be in North America until 2026. The car would be made in one of Honda’s factories.
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023