Suspect In Takeoff Murder, Patrick Clark, Posts $1 Million Bond
Patrick Clark, accused of killing Takeoff, is out of jail months before his next court appearance in March. According to court records, Clark posted a $1 million bond on Wednesday (Jan. 5).
His release comes after multiple attempts by his legal team to get the bond reduced, which initially started at $2 million. Police arrested Patrick on Dec. 1 on a murder charge, and he made his first court appearance on Dec. 2., where his attorney argued that Patrick did not pull the trigger.
Mayor Sylvester Turner & Chief @TroyFinner provides an update in the fatal shooting of Kirsnick Khari Ball (Takeoff). https://t.co/0YAEbw91tR
— Houston Police (@houstonpolice) December 2, 2022
Additionally, a bond reduction hearing was scheduled for Dec. 14, where it was reduced to $1 million. His legal team pushed for another reduction, claiming that Clark is not a flight risk and doesn’t have assets to cover a $1 million bond, per KHOU11.
However, court documents say Patrick applied for an expedited passport after Takeoff’s death. The suspect also reportedly presented a Mexico-bound itinerary to back his request. Police found the passport and a large amount of cash on Clark during his arrest.
Last week, a judge ruled that the bond would remain at $1 million. In response, Clark’s lawyer, Letitia Quinones, said she and her client “disagree with it” and were “very surprised by it.”
Elsewhere in December, a judge approved Clark’s $5,000 request to hire a private investigator, who will work for $85 an hour to help the defense prepare their case.
Takeoff was laid to rest on Nov.11 in an Atlanta memorial service after being shot and killed at a bowling alley in Houston, Texas, on Nov. 1. The Harris County Medical examiner listed his primary cause of death as “penetrating gunshot wounds of head and torso into arm.”
This is a developing story.
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023