Texas Residents Asked To Limit Use Of Power & Turn Up Thermostat Amid 100-Degree Weather
As we all know, the sun has been sunnin’ lately, and those temperatures are nothing nice. While everyone else in the country has the courtesy of adjusting their thermostat to their liking, Texans have to seemingly proceed with caution.
ERCOT, an organization that regulates Texas’ electrical grid, requested that residents increased the temperature of their thermostat and limit their power use.
On Monday, ERCOT tweeted;
ERCOT requests the conversation of energy from 2-8p.m. today amid heat.
This request comes because reserve projections are low.
Conservation is a reliability tool ERCOT has deployed more than four dozen times since 2008 to successfully manage grid operations. This notification is issued when projected reserves may fall below 2300 MW for 30 minutes or more.
People on social media tweeted and said:
I’m curious why this is a surprise for ERCOT and they were not prepared for it. Texas population has been growing for years. This is nothing new. Why hasn’t our infrastructure grown to meet the demands of population growth?
Someone else tweeted:
Good going. Gov. Abbott and Ercot. Vote Beto, Texas.
Mentioning Greg Abbott, a person tweeted:
Texas under Greg Abbott doesn’t have the resources to fix ERCOT’s s**tty power gird. but they have plenty of resources to place bounties on women, punish women & docs, prosecute lawyers who help women, fine companies, that help women, prevent women from leaving Texas. Cool, cool.
As you know, in February 2021, Texas’ electric grid lost power and millions of people were without power for weeks. Gov. Greg Abbott received criticism during this time.
Roomies, what y’all think about this?
- Schneider Electric Applauded by Frost & Sullivan for Decreasing Unplanned Downtimes/Outages and Carbon Footprint with Its Sustainable Switchgear December 9, 2022
- Locus Launches Delivery Linked Checkout, A First-Of-Its-Kind Integrated Capability Enabling Retail Businesses to Achieve Profitability in Last-Mile Logistics December 9, 2022
- DevX Launches 2nd Co-working Space in Mumbai December 9, 2022
- EV Tailored Platform Vidyut Tech Raises $4 Mn in Equity+Debt Funding from Force Ventures, Veda VC, Others December 9, 2022
- We Founder Circle Launches Two Angel Funds – In India and in GIFT City December 9, 2022