Thanks to Biden, Americans Who Never Attended College Still Have to Pay for It
Posted On August 25, 2022
President Joe Biden’s student loan forgiveness plan is inclusive. Even if you never attended a college course, you still have the opportunity to pay for your fellow Americans’ degrees.
Biden announced Wednesday that the Department of Education is canceling $10,000 in student loan debt for Americans earning $125,000 a year or less. Biden also announced forgiveness of up to $20,000 in student loans for Pell Grant recipients.
“Working and middle-class Americans who chose not to go to college, or who responsibly paid off their student loans, should not be forced to pay off the loans of others,” Lindsey Burke, director of the Center for Education Policy at The Heritage Foundation, and Adam Kissel, Heritage visiting fellow for higher education, said in a joint statement.
American taxpayers will be forced to pick up the tab for those who have earned degrees and statistically make more money on average than those who are not college graduates.
“Cancelling $10,000 in student loan debt per borrower … will cost American taxpayers hundreds of billions of dollars,” Burke and Kissel said.
Colleges and universities are also expected to raise tuition costs in light of the forgiveness plan.
On today’s edition of the “Problematic Women” podcast, we explain why Biden’s student loan forgiveness will lead to further inflation.
Also on today’s show, students at the University of Texas at Austin might want to leave a blank space on their schedule this fall for a new Taylor Swift class. The university is offering a course called “Literary Contests and Contexts-The Taylor Swift Songbook.”
Plus, three states are taking steps this week to further protect the unborn. We explain why life is worthy of protection from the moment of conception.
And as always, we crown our Problematic Woman of the Week!
Listen to the podcast below:
The post Thanks to Biden, Americans Who Never Attended College Still Have to Pay for It appeared first on The Daily Signal.
- The Daily Signal
- The Daily Signal is a guest author for NRN. They deliver investigative and feature reporting and the most important political news and commentary. The team is committed to truth and unmatched in knowledge of Washington’s politics and policy debates. They tell these stories in formats that respect your time and intelligence.
Kelly Offield is an investigative journalist and columnist for NRN, specializing on Big Tech’s control of information. Click the red bell on the bottom left to turn on NRN’s website notifications and watch Kelly Offield’s author page to follow the developments of his column.
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023