Xavier Rhodes was expected to do great things in the NFL when the Minnesota Vikings selected him 25th overall in the 2013 Draft. That is exactly what Rhodes ended up doing when he became one of the best Cornerbacks of the 2010s, anchoring many Vikings defenses that would often rank amongst the greatest in the league. His 2017 season was distinctly spectacular, when Minnesota made a deep playoff run bolstered by their stifling defense that locked up opponents both on the ground and in the air.
Born and raised in Florida, Rhodes stayed local throughout college, playing ball at Florida State University. He had a solid three-year career there before making the seamless transition to the NFL with his great coverage skills and ball-hawk play style. He quickly found a role in an elite secondary that included Safety Harrison Smith, and this terrific duo went on to lead some of the best defenses in the NFL during their time together.
After a lengthy career with the Vikings, Rhodes was quickly signed by the Indianapolis Colts after the 2019 season, hoping that he would maintain his high level of play and impart some veteran leadership onto the younger players. Paired with elite defensive players like Darius Leonard and DeForest Buckner, Rhodes was a contributor to the Colts’ defensive success, revitalizing his career in the NFL and further cementing “Rhodes Closed” as one of the best league’s best Corners.
COLORS KEY | FULL COLTS OUTLOOK
Here are some of the greatest facts to know about Xavier Rhodes:
- Zeon Lifesciences Upgrades its Paonta Sahib Plant enabled with AI and Industry 2.0 Automation November 29, 2022
- The next stage: APRU-Google-UN ESCAP AI for Social Good Project now working directly with government agencies November 29, 2022
- Megaport Adds Cloud and Networking Sales Veteran Jeff Tworek to the Executive Team as Chief Revenue Officer November 29, 2022
- 4Fin Raises Seed Round of USD 1M, Also Gets NBFC License from RBI November 29, 2022
- The 4th World Science and Technology Development Forum Held in Chengdu November 29, 2022