The art of Celebration at Selfridges
Selfridges has had a 2D makeover – from playful installations to marking joyful occasions, offering customers new ways to celebrate together
Selfridges Celebrates launches today (Monday 9th January 2023). Selfridges new season launches across all stores with a focus on helping customers celebrate special moments, big or small. In 2023 this is brought to life through the lens of 2D artistry.
Unveiling all-new window displays and unexpected visual pleasures in its physical and digital spaces, Selfridges Celebrates is Selfridges playful take on how to shop and plan for the moments in life that call for joyful celebration. All year round, customers can find thoughtful gifting ideas and experiences, sustainable solutions and accessible treats, all with a Selfridges 2D twist.
In a world flooded with hyper-connection and the multi-sensory, 2D illustration is having a moment in the spotlight across all Selfridges categories. Four talented female artists and illustrators Angela Kirkwood, Paulina Almira, Brindha Kumar and Lena Yokoyama have been commissioned to interpret special Selfridges destinations from Dolly’s Cafe to the Skate Bowl and The Psychic Sisters, to transform 29 iconic windows across Selfridges London, Manchester, and Birmingham stores, with a series of mood-lifting, two-dimensional installations. Angela’s joyful drawings and cheeky characters will also mark each of this year’s calendar celebrations at Selfridges.
A special commission by John Booth in Selfridges flagship Oxford Street windows on the corners of Oxford Street and Orchard Street invites customers to explore playful interpretations of what celebration means to them.
Customers will also be able to shop exclusive 2D inspired collaborations and drops revealed throughout the year, from special edition Selfridges Selection treats featuring colourful designs by Angela Kirkwood, to playful homeware, cards and trinkets by David Shrigley, Reselfridges vintage fashion edits inspired by 2D artistry and a whole host of Selfridges Celebrates eventing.
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023