The Denver Broncos & Russell Wilson Agree To A Five-Year, $245 Million Contract Extension
Russell Wilson has yet to play his first regular season game as a Denver Bronco, and already he has reached a contract extension with the organization.
According to ESPN, the Broncos and Russell have reached an agreement on a five-year, $245 million contract extension, which includes $165 million guaranteed. He will now be under contract with the team for the next seven years, and $296 million.
As previously reported, the Seattle Seahawks traded Russell to the Broncos back in March. ESPN reports that the Broncos traded five of their draft picks, including two first-round picks and two second-round picks, as well as three of their players in order to acquire Russell. For this season, Russell is set to make $24 million, and next season he is set to make $27 million. The contract extension will keep him in Denver up until 2028, giving him an average yearly salary of $49 million.
Back in June, Russell spoke about joining the Broncos after the trade and said,
“It’s been a blessing just to come here, just to come to an amazing city like Denver, to be a part of it with so many amazing teammates and great coaching staff. But also, once the trade was going to happen, I said, ‘Hey, listen, I want to make sure that I go to a city that wants to win. I want to make sure that I go to a team that wants to win. And I want to go to a city that knows how to win.’ And all those three things were checked off the box here in Denver and so I think we’ve got a chance.”
Russell’s wife Ciara shared how proud of him she is following the news of his contract extension and said:
Baby @DangeRussWilson I am so proud of you! You’re the most dedicated and hardworking person I know! It’s been so beautiful to see you become a Bronco! So excited for the journey ahead! You’re 1 of 1! My greatest inspiration. I love you so much! ❤️❤️❤️🐐🐐🐐 #3 @Broncos #LetsRide
— Ciara (@ciara) September 1, 2022
TSR STAFF: Jade Ashley @Jade_Ashley94
- DEROY MURDOCK: Election Deniers Won Big In The Midterms, But There’s A Catch November 28, 2022
- White Nationalism/Christian Nationalism: Leftist Labels and Manipulation November 28, 2022
- Aesthetic Laser & Energy Devices Market Size Will Attain USD 9.3 Billion by 2030 growing at 10.1% CAGR – Exclusive Report by Acumen Research and Consulting November 28, 2022
- PhonePe Reportedly Close To Acquire Fintech ZestMoney for $300 Mn November 27, 2022
- Avoid This Stock or Buy This Stock on Sale This Cyber Monday? November 27, 2022