The Lexicon secures a range of new lettings – Retail News – A1 Retail Magazine
- The Lexicon has announced an impressive list of new signings, cementing the complex as a premium retail and leisure destination in the Thames Valley
- Latest lettings come on the back of its events programme scooping up a prestigious Pineapple Award
The Lexicon, a joint venture between Schroders Capital UK Real Estate Fund (SCREF) and Legal & General Capital, has announced that Hobbs, Wimpy, Gymfinity Kids, Laser Clinic, Hat and Home and Perfect Smile will take a combined 22,041 sq ft at the scheme.
These new arrivals follow the news that Sports Direct will also open a 40,000 sq ft store. This highlights the continued strong demand for well-placed units within popular retail and leisure destinations, with the centre now 70% let.
Hobbs, the luxury womenswear brand, have committed to taking a 2,260 sq ft space in the former Jack Wills store and will sit alongside other household fashion favourites TK Maxx, Next and H&M.
Meanwhile iconic UK burger chain, Wimpy will occupy a 3,799 sq ft unit, adding to an already diverse food and beverage (F&B) offering which also includes Wagamama, Prezzo and Nandos.
Finally, Gymfinity Kids, Laser Clinic, Hat and Home and Perfect Smile will add to the lifestyle and leisure offering at The Lexicon to create an even more varied retail experience by taking a combined 15,982 sq ft. Meanwhile O2 will relocate from its current location in Princess Square to the former Carphone Warehouse unit.
These latest lettings highlight how The Lexicon continues to attract strong retail and F&B brands. This is aided by the open air and consumer-friendly layout of the centre which utilises pedestrian walkways, covered areas and entertainment facilities to create a modern mixed use shopping destination that is helping to improve Bracknell’s day and night-time economy.
The Lexicon also recently captured a prestigious placemaking award, as its events programme, including The Bracknell Forest Giants activation, earned it a sought-after Pineapple Award.
The flurry of new lettings at The Lexicon highlights the confidence retailers and F&B outlets have in the centre and evidences the work Schroders Capital’s real estate asset management team has done in supporting tenants through the pandemic and other obstacles.
Tom Woolven, Asset Manager at Schroders Capital, commented: “We are delighted with the lettings we have secured at The Lexicon over the past few months. The arrival of these new leading retail, F&B and leisure brands, combined with the plans to further enhance the centre will ensure The Lexicon remains a thriving retail destination which continues to attract people from across the Thames Valley.
“The Lexicon is integral to the redevelopment of Bracknell town centre, and these latest lettings will also help solidify the town’s status as a key destination within the Berkshire region. As the scheme continues to go from strength to strength, we are excited to see how these new lettings will accelerate the towns rejuvenation in the future.”
- Are Significant Advances in Technology Capable of Being Utilized to Benefit the Casino Industry? February 28, 2023
- Do You Think Tipping Auto Transport Driver is Necessary? February 10, 2023
- Enterprise-class OKR Platform Profit.co Raises $11 Mn Funding Led by Elevation Capital February 1, 2023
- Bengaluru Headquartered Mikro Grafeio Appoints U.S. Based Serial Entrepreneur Shyam Kumar as its Co-Founder February 1, 2023
- Federal Gov’t Will ‘Probably’ Force Americans To Eat Insects, Tucker Carlson Says February 1, 2023