Theory Audio Design’s iws12-6 & iws12-9 In-Wall Subwoofers Are Going To Shake Your Foundation: CEDIA 2022
High-end commercial and residential audio brand, Theory Audio Design has announced its first subwoofers designed for in-wall or in-ceiling installation for either residential or commercial applications, the iws12-6 and iwsS12-9.
One advantage of these subwoofers is that they eliminate the need to find floor space for traditional subwoofer boxes. However, to ensure they are placed in the right spot, they need to be installed by an authorized dealer.
It’s also important to note that, unlike most subwoofers, these subwoofers are passive. This means you have to place an external amplifier between the subwoofer and home theater processor.
In the case of Theory Audio Design, you have to use a Theory ALC (Amplified Loudpseaker Controller) to power the iws12-6 or 12-9 compact enclosures. The subs are the perfect complement to Theory Audio’s other speakers.
EIC Ian White reviewed the Theory Audio Design 5.2.2 Soundbar System in 2021 and considers it to be the benchmark for all soundbars regardless of price. Either subwoofer announced at CEDIA 2022 can be integrated into that system.
The iws12-6 has an enclosure that can be installed flush into 2×6 stud walls, or surface mounted with only 5.5-inches of total depth.
The iws12-9 adds more installation flexibility as it can not only be wall or ceiling mounted but can also be placed on the floor as an in-room subwoofer where a compact, high-performance subwoofer is desired.
The following features and specifications are shared by both the iws12-6 and iws12-9 subwoofers:
- Subwoofer Type: Passive, Requires external amplification from a THEORY ALC Amplifier (1 channel for each subwoofer used).
- Driver Number and Size: 1 x 12-inch driver with 1400 watt, 4-inch voice coil, Long throw design.
- Frequency Response: 24 – 125Hz ±3dB, bass extension down to 18Hz ±10dB
- Sensitivity: 95.5dB
- Power Handling: 700 watts (AES)
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Weight: 49lbs
|Available Colors||Black, Optional White Perforated Metal Grille||Black, Back Perforated Aluminum Metal Grille, Optional White Perforated White Metal Grille|
|Included Accessories||Low Profile Angle Mount Brackets for 16-inch O.C. Studs||Black Perforated Aluminum Grille|
|Optional Accessories||White Perforated Low-Profile Grille||Yoke Surface Mount Bracket, White Perforated Metal Grill|
|Dimensions (WHD)||14 x 60 x 5.5-inches||34 x 14 x 9-inches|
Tip: Price does not include installation or other required components.
- Terrence Howard Says He’s Given His ‘Very Best’ As An Actor And Shares Final Decision To Retire Terrence Howard Shares Final Decision To Retire December 9, 2022
- ‘It Looks Natural. It’s Not’ December 9, 2022
- (Video) Autistic Backstreet Boys Fan Accuses Nick Carter Of Rape December 9, 2022
- Husband Fights Off Shark, Injured Wife Missing December 9, 2022
- Olive Garden Manager Fired After Asking For Time-Off Proof December 9, 2022