It looks like Tiger Woods has officially reached billionaire status.
According to Forbes, although the golf legend reportedly turned down a deal to play on the new Saudi-backed golf tour, which has been valued at a “high nine digits,” he is still getting to the bag.
Through his endorsement deals, real estate, and other income opportunities throughout his career, Tiger has been ranked as one of the highest-earning athletes bringing in over $1.7 billion in salary. His net worth has been estimated at least $1 billion, making him one of three known athletes billionaires, with LeBron James and Michael Jordan being the other two.
When it comes to the breakdown of where Tiger has earned his billions, only about 10% of his earnings and net worth come from golf. Most of his money has been earned through his endorsement deals throughout the years. He has worked with companies such as Nike, Gatorade, Rolex, Monster Energy, and TaylorMade.
Joe Favorito, who is a sports business consultant and Columbia lecturer, commented on Tiger’s earnings and said,
“He hit the right time in the right sport, being an athlete with a diverse background who was approachable. Brands love knowing they’re getting someone who is embraced not just by the traditional but also by the casual fans.”
Sports agent Leigh Steinberg added that Tiger has “been extremely skillful in taking parts of businesses, in creating their own business, in ways that athletes before them just weren’t.”
As previously reported, LeBron James, who is also one of the three known athletes billionaires, made history when his billionaire status was announced last week. He is now the first active NBA player to become a billionaire with a net worth of $1 billion.
Want updates directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or click here to join!
TSR STAFF: Jade Ashley @Jade_Ashley94
- Paint Protection Film Market Size is expected to reach at USD 869 Million by 2030, registering a CAGR of 6.7%, Owing to Increasing Application in Marine Industry December 1, 2022
- Best Holiday Speaker Deals: KEF, Klipsch, ELAC December 1, 2022
- Congrats! Shamea Morton To Welcome Baby Using Same Surrogate Who Carried Kandi Burruss’ Daughter Blaze November 30, 2022
- (Exclusive) Yung Joc & Kendra Robinson Step Into TSR As She Clarifies What She Meant About Not Wanting Joc’s Sons To Follow In His Footsteps November 30, 2022
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment Market Size Will Attain USD 52.2 Billion by 2030 growing at 5.4% CAGR – Exclusive Report by Acumen Research and Consulting November 30, 2022