Timberland unveils a design experience that blends the physical and virtual worlds – Retail News – A1 Retail Magazine
In partnership with Epic Games’ Unreal Engine and CONCEPTKICKS, Timberland unveils a one-of-a-kind design innovation experience that blends the physical and virtual worlds to reimagine product design and engage consumers in the journey. Centred on Timberland’s CONSTRUCT: 10061 program, the partnership invites players and footwear afficionados from around the world to enter the universe of design, creation and innovation — highlighted by an immersive playable experience in Fortnite.
Elements of the multi-faceted, multi-stakeholder project include:
- Timberland Design Lab and Maker Space, in Fortnite: Get a rare glimpse into Timberland’s footwear innovation and design process by visiting the virtual design lab in Fortnite — a re-creation of the brand’s real-world innovation lab and maker space.
- Meta Design Workshop: Footwear innovators from Timberland’s Advanced Concepts & Energy (ACE) team, CONCEPTKICKS and CONSTRUCT: 10061 paired up with digital innovators from BeyondCreative for a design workshop and build that took place entirely in the virtual Timberland Design Lab in Fortnite. The outcome was four spectacular Metaboots – including a replica of the iconic yellow boot, plus three original boots inspired by custom outdoor biomes created as part of the project.
- Timberland Parkour Trails: This immersive gaming experience takes place on a custom Fortnite island featuring Arctic, Desert and Forest biomes. After visiting the Design Lab, players take on challenges and obstacles in each of the biomes, unlocking special effects when they reach the Metaboots and bring the samples back to the lab. MAP CODE: 4313-0063-0736.
- Metaboots, in AR: The Forest Metaboot was recreated in high fidelity using Unreal Engine and is viewable and accessible in AR through Sketchfab. The AR boot appears against backdrops modeled after the Forest biome and built using Unreal Engine’s Quixel Megascans.
The CONSTRUCT: 10061 Fortnite experience is being launched at Timberland’s flagship Orefici11 store during Milan Design Week, where guests will check out physical prototypes, witness live game play and participate in real time as a fifth Metaboot is created in Fortnite. The brand has tapped Ali “SypherPK” Hassan, who began creating videos in 6th grade and has risen to be one of the most recognized and followed Fortnite players/creators in the world.
“Timberland has built a legacy around some of the most beloved products in footwear, in large part thanks to their innovative, forward-thinking mindset,” said Raffaella Camera, head of Brands at Unreal Engine, Epic Games. “Through the usage of Unreal Engine-based tools and virtual worlds, brand enthusiasts have the chance to engage with Timberland® boots in ways not possible today, while designers are able to create and collaborate in completely new ways, with the help of real-time 3D technology. It’s exciting to imagine where we can take this together.”
The creative strategy in bringing CONSTRUCT: 10061 into Fortnite was led by Metavision. “For this project, we were really interested in capturing the design process and showing how the Metaboots came to life,” said Luke Price, co-founder and creative director of Metavision. “It has been a great pleasure to collaborate with creators from different disciplines at BeyondCreative and CONSTRUCT, learn about each other’s styles and influences, and create some amazing things. Metavision is focused on finding new ways to engage with audiences and tell stories in the metaverse and it’s been fantastic to work with Timberland and partners who share this ethos.”
- Autoimmune Disease Diagnostics Market Size is expected to reach at USD 8.2 Billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 7.2%, Owing to Growing Prevalence of Autoimmune Disease November 29, 2022
- Australia’s IRAP Assessment Recognizes Boomi To Provide Comprehensive Security Controls November 28, 2022
- Clinical Nutrition Market Size is expected to reach at USD 87.1 Billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 8.6%, Owing to Growing Prevalence of Pre-Mature Births November 28, 2022
- Balenciaga Denounces Child Abuse & Promises To Do Better In Latest Apology November 28, 2022
- Buffalo Supermarket Shooter Pleads Guilty To Domestic Terrorism & Murder Charges November 28, 2022