Twitter Suspension of Libs of TikTok Is Blatant ‘Double Standard,’ Sen. Blackburn Says
Twitter has suspended the Libs of TikTok account, and Sen. Marsha Blackburn says that only further highlights the social media platform’s double standard.
“Time and again, we’ve witnessed Big Tech’s double standard against conservatives,” Blackburn, R-Tenn., told The Daily Signal in an email Tuesday. “The Ayatollah is allowed on Twitter without question, but conservatives who hold up a mirror to the left’s agenda get suspended for ‘misinformation.’”
Libs of TikTok has gained international attention for sharing the radical left’s videos posted on the social media platform TikTok. The posts often highlight the radical nature of the left’s view on issues such as the transgender movement.
Libs of TikTok, which is run by Chaya Raichik of Brooklyn, N.Y., has 1.3 million followers on Twitter.
On Saturday night, Seth Dillon, the CEO of the satirical news website the Babylon Bee, tweeted that “Libs of TikTok has been locked out for ‘hateful conduct.’”
Libs of TikTok won’t be allowed to post or share content for seven days. It’s not clear which post Twitter found to be “hateful conduct,” but the suspension follows a post containing an audio recording of a telephone conversation that indicates Children’s National Hospital in Washington, D.C., performs “’gender-affirming’ hysterectomies on minors, including 16-year-olds and ‘younger kids.’”
Twitter did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Daily Signal.
As heard in the audio, someone representing Libs of TikTok calls Children’s National Hospital and says her 16-year-old child is interested in a “gender-affirming hysterectomy.” She’s told by a hospital employee that “all different type of age groups … come in for [hysterectomies].”
A Children’s National Hospital spokesperson previously told The Daily Signal the hospital does not perform “gender-affirming surgeries” on minors.
“In the case of Libs of TikTok, the only investigation that should occur is an investigation into the hospital that admitted they are performing ‘gender-affirming’ hysterectomies on minors,” Blackburn said.
Facebook suspended the Libs of TikTok account about a week before Twitter’s suspension.
“You can’t use Facebook or Messenger because your account, or activity on it, didn’t follow our Community Standards,” Facebook said. “We have already reviewed this decision, and it can’t be reversed.”
The following day, Aug. 18, Libs of TikTok Tweeted that “Facebook is telling us that they did not suspend our account. We have no access though and are locked out. Looks like it might be an ‘error.’ We should be back up and running soon.”
The Libs of TikTok Facebook account does appear to back up and running. Facebook did not respond to The Daily Signal’s request for comment.
The brief suspension from Facebook followed Libs of TikTok sharing a video from Boston Children’s Hospital discussing “gender-affirming hysterectomies” for children. A Boston Children’s Hospital spokesperson told Fox News the hospital did not perform surgeries on people younger than 18.
Libs of TikTok says bluntly: “Twitter suspended me for telling the truth.”
Have an opinion about this article? To sound off, please email [email protected] and we’ll consider publishing your edited remarks in our regular “We Hear You” feature. Remember to include the URL or headline of the article plus your name and town and/or state.
The post Twitter Suspension of Libs of TikTok Is Blatant ‘Double Standard,’ Sen. Blackburn Says appeared first on The Daily Signal.
- The Daily Signal
- The Daily Signal is a guest author for NRN. They deliver investigative and feature reporting and the most important political news and commentary. The team is committed to truth and unmatched in knowledge of Washington’s politics and policy debates. They tell these stories in formats that respect your time and intelligence.
- LRN Corporation Completes Acquisition of Compliance Learning from Thomson Reuters, Creating the Largest Global Provider of Ethics and Compliance Learning Solutions December 2, 2022
- Rotel’s S14 Network Integrated Streamer is Roon Ready & All Out of Bubble Gum December 2, 2022
- iQuanti Wins Great Place to Work® Certification™ December 2, 2022
- LeBron James On Media Of Jerry Jones vs. Kyrie Irving December 2, 2022
- Recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate Market Size is expected to reach at USD 17,258 Million by 2030, registering a CAGR of 7.6%, Owing to Growing Demand from Food and Beverage Industry December 2, 2022