Tyler Perry Says He Paid Cicely Tyson $1M For One Day’s Worth Of Work
Tyler Perry sat down with AARP Magazine and spoke about his upbringing and overcoming challenges. But, perhaps, one of the biggest takeaways of the interview is that he paid Cicely Tyson $1,000,000 for one day’s work.
The playwright spoke about his love for Cicely Tyson. The “Acrimony” producer shared he had taken care of the actress for “the last 15 years of her life.”
The 52-year-old also stated he paid her substantially for her role in “Why Did I Get Married.”
I wanted to make sure she knew that there were people who valued her. So, she did one day of work on my 2007 film Why Did I Get Married? I paid her a million dollars. I loved working with her.
He also shared:
She was a proud woman, and the only reason I mention this is because she wrote it in her book. This woman had done so many amazing things, but she wasn’t well compensated for it. She made $6,000 for Sounder, you know? I wanted to make sure she knew that there were people who valued her.
Perry stated it felt good to give Tyson “security in her latter years.”
As you know, Cicely Tyson spent 60 years in the acting business. She starred in a few of Tyler Perry’s projects, including “Diary of a Mad Black Woman,” “Why Did I Get Married?” “Why Did I Get Married Too?”
The legendary actress passed away at the age of 96 in 2021.
- 49ers Updated Outlook: QB Jimmy Garoppolo Out December 6, 2022
- Ashanti & Nelly Leave Internet Users Wanting More With Steamy Concert Performance Ashanti And Nelly Give Fans A Steamy Performance December 6, 2022
- Commanders Updated Outlook: Cole Holcomb Out December 6, 2022
- Disgraced “GMA” Anchor T.J. Holmes Cheated With Other Staffers December 6, 2022
- Kenya Barris Accused Of Having ‘Biracial Obsession’ Ahead Of ‘You People’ Film December 6, 2022