White House Says Doctors Must Give Abortions In Emergency Situations
Three weeks after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v Wade, the White House says federal law must be upheld and abortions are to be performed in case of emergencies.
According to The Hill, the Biden administration says doctors can be penalized for failing to provide care in those circumstances.
Under the law, no matter where you live, women have the right to emergency care — including abortion care. Today, in no uncertain terms, we are reinforcing that we expect providers to continue offering these services, and that federal law preempts state abortion bans when needed for emergency care.
This comes after Biden signed an executive order on reproductive health in June.
The Hill also reports:
EMTALA has been on the books for over 30 years. Under the law, if an emergency medical condition is found to exist, the hospital must provide available stabilizing treatment or an appropriate transfer to another hospital that has the capabilities to provide stabilizing treatment.
As you know, Biden spoke about the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v Wade. In a press conference, he stated:
“It was three justices named by one President, Donald Trump, who were at the core of today’s decision who were the core of today’s decision” to overturn Roe v Wade, Biden stated.
He also stated the decision is “a culmination of a deliberate effort over decades to upset the balance of our law.”
Continuing to speak, Biden reminded the American people that abortion is on the ballot in November–following Nancy Pelosi.
Roomies, what y’all think about this?
- Aesthetic Laser & Energy Devices Market Size Will Attain USD 9.3 Billion by 2030 growing at 10.1% CAGR – Exclusive Report by Acumen Research and Consulting November 28, 2022
- PhonePe Reportedly Close To Acquire Fintech ZestMoney for $300 Mn November 27, 2022
- Avoid This Stock or Buy This Stock on Sale This Cyber Monday? November 27, 2022
- Focal Celestee Headphones: Review – ecoustics.com November 27, 2022
- Katupalli Port, Part of Adani Ports, Procures Electric Vehicles ITVs November 27, 2022