Get Your Patriot911 Newsletter In Your Email Inbox
Two milligrams. That’s all the fentanyl it takes to be potentially lethal to the average adult in America, according to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency.
It’s killing thousands of Americans, and it’s flooding into the country.
More than 107,000 people in the United States died of drug overdoses and drug poisonings in 2021, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Nearly 70% of those deaths were due to synthetic opioids such as fentanyl.
Research on fentanyl shows that it can be 100 times more potent than morphine and 10 to 20 times more potent than heroin.
But it’s not just lethal. It’s extremely cheap. A single dose can cost about $2, according to some estimates.
So, who is responsible for this crisis plaguing our country?
Have an opinion about this article? To sound off, please email [email protected] and we’ll consider publishing your edited remarks in our regular “We Hear You” feature. Remember to include the url or headline of the article plus your name and town and/or state.
- ‘We’ll Always Be Family’ Tia Mowry Says She And Kids Plan To Spend The Holidays With Cory Hardrict December 8, 2022
- McIntosh’s MC451 Dual Mono Power Amplifier Unleashes the Hybrid Drive December 8, 2022
- M&S and bp pulse to bring EV charging to customers December 8, 2022
- Rolling Ray Responds To Accusations Of Scamming His Followers December 8, 2022
- CitySprint partners with Crisis for 12th year to support those facing homelessness December 8, 2022